Virtual Lactation Services
Get Expert Lactation Help Today
One-on-one virtual breast and bottle feeding lactation support services from the comfort of your own home.
Meet with our Certified Lactation Counselor on YOUR time!
Connect With Us!
- Select a date and time that works for you and reserve and confirm by payment online.
2. Complete and Submit a short form.
3. Receive a Zoom link in your email within 24 hours to join the certified lactation counselor through video conference at the time of your appointment.
More Milk, Less Worry
Our Certified Lactation Counselors provide non-judgmental and evidence-based support to you and your baby! We are ready to meet you where you are and help you get to where you want to go in your feeding journey! We want you to know that you are not alone and that, with support, we can help you get more milk and worry less!
What to Expect at Your Consult
What we do together in a Virtual Lactation Consult
First visits are typically 45-60 minutes to give us time for a thorough history, observing baby feeding (breast, bottle or both), and a plan of care. Included is
- A history and assessment of breastfeeding and/or bottle feeding issues by a certified Lactation Consultant and infant feeding SLP
- An assessment of latch, suck and positioning
- Breast care including mastitis, plugged ducts, blebs, thrush, engorgement, and nipple soreness
- Soothing a fussy baby
- Breastfeeding while returning to work
- Assistance with breast pumps, nipple shields and other lactation devices
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Transition from breast to bottle OR bottle to breast
- A report to send to your care provider(s) if requested
What to have at your consultation:
- YOU and your precious baby
- Any current nursing gadgets
- Any pumps and required pump parts
- Preferred feeding pillows
Here are some helpful tips to maximize your virtual appointment:
- Both users must have adequate internet connection
- Both users must have adequate lighting. Please keep a flashlight/light on hand for mouth assessments
- May need a second set of hands to help with positioning the device for best viewing
- It is beneficial (not necessary) for the family to have two connected devices. I.e. a computer/ipad for discussion and a phone for breast and bottle feeding/latch assessment
While virtual lactation consults are useful for many reasons, there will be times that our CLC must refer mom and/or baby to a local health care provider. These cases may include:
- Suspected tongue and/or lip tie or other oral malformation
- Mastitis, thrush and other breastfeeding concerns requiring treatment
- Inadequate lighting/internet connection to perform a quality online assessment
- Concerns with weight gain, jaundice and/or general well-being of your baby
How much does it cost?
First consult = $50 cash or billable to select insurance. For more information on insurance, call 708-478-1820
Virtual, Quality Lactation Support
Our Certified Lactation Counselor® (CLC®) is a professional in lactation counseling who has demonstrated the necessary skills, knowledge, and attitudes to provide clinical breastfeeding counseling and management support to families who are thinking about breastfeeding or who have questions or problems during the course of breastfeeding/lactation. Our CLCs are also speech language pathologists who specialize in the overall safety and success of infant feeding.
BDI Certified Lactation Counselors Specialize in Supporting:
Baby’s success on the breast/bottle
Mom’s health and comfort
Family support for mom & baby
Preparing for and maximizing pumping
Reflux, Spit-up, Vomiting Support
Position & Latch
Finding the perfect position and latch
Lactation Professionals Areas of Expertise
- Milk Supply
- Breast and Nipple Soreness
- Weight Concerns
- Pain or Breast Damage
- Plugged Milk Ducts
- Breast/Bottle Feeding
- Reflux, Spitting-up and/or Vomiting
- Induced or Relactation
- Feeding Techniques and Positions
- Transition to Bottle-Feeding from Breast
- Transition to Breast Feeding from Bottle
- Back-to-Work Plan
- Oral Motor Restrictions
- Tongue/Lip Tie
- Tandem Breastfeeding
Jessica Keenan, MA, CCC-SLP/L, CLC
Certified Lactation Counselor & Speech Language Pathologist
Jessica has worked with babies since 2014. She is a licensed speech language pathologist and certified lactation counselor specializing in infant feeding. Jessica’s favorite hour of her work week is leading the More Than Milk Club for new moms & their babies! She believes the most magical part of her job is empowering parents on their breast and/or bottle feeding journey and helping them do so from the comfort of their own homes.
Amy Stumpf, MS, CCC-SLP/L, CLEC
Certified Lactation Educator/Counselor & Speech Language Pathologist
Amy is a speech therapist who specialises in feeding, orofacial development, tethered oral tissues, and lactation counseling. She absolutely loves coming alongside families and supporting them and their babies during their feeding journey’s in infancy. Amy will never be finished learning and is constantly humbled by the lessons she takes away from each family she has the pleasure of counseling!
Connect With Us!
For more milk and less worry
- Find and reserve a time that works for you
- Receive Zoom link email
- Meet with your CLC!