What is the Myo Munchee?
A small, affordable, and simple to use oral device that your child chews.
Check out this link to see the Munchee in action!
Why does my child need a Myo Munchee?
Using a myo munchee along with oral motor and orofacial myofunctional therapy provides numerous benefits in the following areas:
- Tongue and pacifier sucking
- Tongue thrust
- Mouth breathing
- Clenching/grinding teeth
- Malocclusions (crooked teeth, underbite/overbite)
- Improving dental hygiene
- Chewing skills
- Mouth posture
How does the Myo Munchee work?
- Works like a brush: Tiny prongs on the munchee help to clean teeth and gums, oxygenate gums, and produces saliva which help to strengthen teeth.
- Strengthens facial muscles: Improves swallowing patterns, and strengthens muscles of the lips, tongue, jaw, and cheeks.
- Ideal Posture: Sets the mouth in ideal rest posture (ie: lips closed, teeth slightly apart, tongue to the roof of the mouth)
- Habit elimination: Provides an appropriate oral motor movement when working on saying good bye to the thumb or pacifier!
Who can use a Myo Munchee?
- Babies as young as 4-5 months old through adults can use a Myo Munchee.
- The Myo Munchee comes in different sizes to best fit the user.
How can I purchase a Myo Munchee for my child?
- BDI Playhouse is a Certified Myo Munchee practitioner and has Munchees available for purchase today!
- Please contact us to set up a consultation to answer questions and determine what would be the best fit for your child.