We have the following measures in place to ensure the health and safety of all:
Cleaning and Health Procedures
- All staff members are dedicated to rigorously cleaning our facility and equipment in between each session and will also implement a wipe-as-you-go process.
- A cleaning schedule and checklist will be implemented to ensure our sanitizing procedure is followed throughout our day for all areas of the building.
- Additionally, BDI has contracted Pure Maintenance to sanitize and apply a non-toxic and environmentally friendly antimicrobial coating on all surfaces in both facilities. This will be applied every three months for the next year. https://puremoldfree.com/gym-disinfection
- Staff is committed to social distancing while in the clinic during both treatment and non-treatment times to minimize exposure.
- Children will be treated in individual treatment rooms or WIDELY spaced in the gym.
- We do not have a waiting room so the therapist will pick up your child at your car.
- The therapist will stand at a 6 ft distance from the caregiver’s car window. We ask that all individuals in the car wear a mask during drop off time.
Mandated Hand Washing
- Hands will be washed before and after the session. Children will receive an colored dot sticker on their clothing, after washing their hands at the start of the session. The sticker will symbolize follow through with screening questions and hand washing so that all individuals in the building can be confident that our plan is being implemented. The sticker will be removed after washing hands at the completion of the session, prior to leaving the Playhouse.
- A caregiver intending to observe the session will be screened as well and must also wash hands upon entry and exit.
Mandatory Mask Wear
- Anyone in the building 2 years and up will be required to wear a secured mask covering their nose and mouth.
- Caregivers will bring a CLEAN mask for each child (cloth or disposable). Children will not be prevented from treatment in clinic if they cannot tolerate mask-wearing, but therapists will make building mask tolerance a part of their intervention if appropriate and agreed upon by the family.
- Medical exemptions will be honored.
- Caregivers must observe from a distance of >6 feet in designated areas while wearing a mask. Here at BDI, your child and his/her progress is our number one priority. Sibling presence and/or participation could either enhance or hinder your child’s participation and progress in his/her session. Therapist and caregiver will decide what’s best for your child! If it’s decided that a sibling would be a motivator during the session, we ask that you stay masked, present and responsible for the sibling/s that come along!
Consistency in Delivery of Therapy
- In order to minimize risk, we will be asking therapists to stay home if they have ANY potential COVID-19 symptoms even if symptoms are mild. When this happens, you will be asked to participate in a Telehealth appointment if the therapist is well enough, or schedule with another therapist in the clinic. Please be flexible and willing to reschedule as needed. Flexibility in scheduling will allow your child to continue to make progress and our business to continue to sustain while operating under the most protective guidelines we can offer.
- We ask that you convert your in-clinic therapy appointment to a telehealth therapy session if you, your child or an individual in your home shows any signs of fever, dry cough, nasal congestion, breathing difficulties including shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, fatigue, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, lice, strep throat, chickenpox, conjunctivitis “pink eye,” undiagnosed general rash, etc.
- Caregivers are requested to confirm the child’s appointment via text by clicking “CONFIRM” ONLY if they can confirm agreement to all COVID-19 screening questions asked in the text confirmation message.
- BDI Playhouse reserves the right to end a session early if the child appears to be ill. If you are dropping your child off, please make sure we have your current cell phone number and that you can quickly return to the clinic if requested.
Our Front Office
- Our office encourages auto-pay and monthly payment plans to minimize unexpected balances and maximize no-touch payment methods, rather than making payment requests at our office window.
- No-touch payments may be made via e-statement or on our website at bdiplayhouse.com/payments
- Photos of documents that need to be sent to the office will be accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE do not hesitate to ask questions or let us know if there is anything we can do to provide further attention to protecting your child’s health at any time!